Let’s say your small business is a resort offering picturesque sunset cruises to vacationing tourists. Undoubtedly other local resorts offer similar excursions and comparable marketing (e.g., flyers, business cards, brochures, website, etc.) as you do. So how can you make sure visitors know your cruise is the one to choose for beautiful panoramas and instant memories?
One way is to grab the attention of guests of your resort or other tourists with floor signs. These can be placed on indoor surfaces such as hotel rooms, the entryway to your resort or at the baggage claim at the airport. Here are easy steps (no pun intended!) to creating floor signs.
Simple Steps to Perfect Floor Signs
1. Create the sign’s graphic in a photo design program. For the example I made above, I selected a 300 DPI photo to ensure high resolution printing, but you may want to enlist the help of a graphic designer to ensure the final sign matches the look and feel of your other marketing materials.
· TIP: Hiring a freelance graphic designer or college student can help save on design fees.
2. Save the final graphic file as a PDF.
3. Contact your local FedEx Office team member to get a quote. Have handy your final artwork layout and specs. Specify if you want to have the sign printed on high-tack adhesive (super sticky, longer life) or low-tack adhesive (easy to remove).
4. The floor sign will be printed in color with a laminate, textured finish. This will protect the sign when people walk on it.
5. Once you’ve picked up your finished sign, clean the floor and let it dry completely before putting down the sign. Be sure to align the sign with any lines on the floor so the final product is completely straight.
· TIP: You can pull up the low-tack adhesive sign and place it in a different spot in case you accidently place it crooked, but the high-tack version won’t be so easy to reposition.