Remember the old days when transparencies, flip charts and 35mm slides ruled meetings? These days, presenters have countless new options for helping an audience understand and engage. With all the technology and tools available, I’ve found several favorite ways to stand out and make a great impression – and some have even been inspired by the overhead projector era!
Some things to think about include:
- Always keep in mind that the materials or slides you feature in a presentation are visual aids – rely on your own, more detailed notes rather than reading your presentation materials to the audience
- Use props that catch the audience’s attention and make a statement
- Leverage the power of multimedia like photos and videos – or create drawings on the spot that illustrate the points being made
- Incorporate presentation boards to drive home core points that underpin the discussion
- Leave meeting participants with something to think about – from a one-page document highlighting your presentation to a printed version of a Microsoft PowerPoint deck
With any presentation, you should consider your audience and subject matter carefully – then choose the presentation medium that is best for you. Mixing and matching visuals or adding something a little unique will definitely make your meeting more memorable.[jetpack_subscription_form title="Subscribe to Out of Office:" subscribe_button="Sign Me Up"]
And, as always, leave a comment to let us know what you do to spice up your work presentations!
Related FedEx Office Solutions: FedEx Office Print Online