If you’re like most small business owners I know, twenty four hours in a day is never enough to get everything accomplished. You can save time (and stress) by contracting out some of your work to others.
Here are simple steps that will save you time and are more affordable than you think:[jetpack_subscription_form title="Subscribe to Out of Office:" subscribe_button="Sign Me Up"]
1) Go “outside” the box! Look for an outside sales rep who will work on commission. Outside reps handle multiple companies and are often experienced sales veterans with lots of connections. (Just make sure they don’t work for any of your competitors.)
2)Maximize your time AND money. Are you struggling to do your own taxes? Play it safe by outsourcing tax preparation to an accountant with experience in small business and your industry. They can make sure you stay on track with the IRS and also advise you on ways to make the most of your money all year long.
3) Leave your printables to the experts. Don’t have design experience? Don’t sweat it. There are experts available to help design flyers, business cards and brochures. Options range from DIY templates you can use to draft your materials to expert designers who can create something custom just for you. Keep things even simpler by looking for a company like FedEx Office that offers both design and print services for your order.
4) Use a packing pro. Packing products yourself eats up valuable time that could be spent on driving sales or increasing profits. There are a number of options for everything from providing boxes to packaging your products, to shipping and tracking them. Check out these services. You’ll gain peace of mind as well as time.
5) Search engine optimization (SEO). Digital presence is essential, but if yours isn’t optimized for search, clients may never find you. SEO is a complex and constantly changing field, so it’s worth retaining an SEO expert who can make sure your website is always up to date, no matter how rapidly search engine algorithms change.
6) Get balanced: Treat your personal tasks with the same organization as your business! Nagging chores and inputting data can add up. Consider hiring a third-party service to find people who’ll take on your nagging to-do’s for a reasonable fee. (You can even find people to handle personal tasks, such as picking up your dry cleaning so you have more time for business.)
Until next time, I hope these time-saving tips free you to spend more quality time with friends and family for the holiday season.
Photo Credit: iStock/Thinkstock