I’m a busy working mom of three. Okay, so we are all busy these days. Between shuffling kids to school, birthday parties, doctor’s appointments and gymnastics, who has time to plan a birthday party?
During the holidays, my youngest child’s first birthday came and went without a proper celebration. (Honestly, how do you December babies do it?) So, my “Mother of the Year” award was in jeopardy.[jetpack_subscription_form title="Subscribe to Out of Office:" subscribe_button="Sign Me Up"]
Not to worry. With just a few swipes of my finger, I was able to upload a PDF file and send to print all from the convenience of my phone. I even did it while waiting for gymnastics class to end. How’s that for multitasking? Not long after, my daughter’s invitations were ready for pickup at my local FedEx Office.
Have a fun event coming up? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how I created my invitations:
- I worked with a graphic design company* to help me design the look and feel of my invite. They were able to personalize my invites for my daughter’s birthday party.
- I located the PDF document where I had saved it in my Dropbox account and uploaded it to the FedEx Office Mobile Print App. (FedEx Office also supports Google Drive, and box cloud services)
- Now it was time to choose my finishing options. I decided on single-sided, color copies on cardstock. I was able to fit two copies of each invitation on one page and cut the invitations down the middle to maximize my print space.**
- The mobile app was very intuitive. It also helped me locate the nearest FedEx Office location. From there, it was as easy as hitting print!
- I swung by my local FedEx Office the next day on the way home from work and the invitations were ready to go. A seamless process for my busy lifestyle! I love how convenient it is to print from my mobile phone and it certainly helped this mom take care of business.
- Lynsey PurlFedEx Office
Lynsey Purl is a FedEx Office employee and DIY blogger on behalf of the company, writing exclusively for FedEx Office.
*Invitations designed by littlebirdieprints When having someone else make your designs, photos, etc. always confirm permission and license to use the material
** For a customized design, use FedEx Office Print Online