National Small Business Week returns next week, May 12-16. We are excited to honor and recognize the important contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners and give special “thanks” for choosing FedEx Office as your trusted partner and resource.
Every day we have the privilege of helping design, print and even ship signs and banners across the U.S. quicker, more efficiently and with dependable and knowledgeable service to keep you focused on what’s important: your business and your customers.
Subscribe to Out of Office:
Part of our ongoing commitment to you is providing resources that help your business be successful.
Recently, we commissioned a nationwide “Signs of Success” survey, designed specifically with the small business owner in mind. Have you ever wondered whether to choose a creative design versus something more simplistic? How to leverage signage to drive more customers into your business? Or how different generations, from millennial to gen x and baby boomers, use signs to effectively promote their business?
We picked five vital stats from the survey to consider so that you and your business can get the highest promotional value from signs or banners… before you hit print. Here are a few key findings:
- When it comes to signage design, 64 percent of the ever-growing segment of millennial small business owners (age 18-34) value creativity, unlike their baby boomer counterparts who focus on simplicity.
- Millennials prefer modern designs by 47 percent, compared to 29 percent of gen x and 17 percent of baby boomer small business owners, indicating how differences in age groups can translate onto a small business’ sign or banner.
- Regardless of age, 91 percent of small business owners agree that readable graphics are important, and 37 percent favor bright and colorful graphics to drive more customers into their business.
- 46 percent of millennial respondents turn to the experts for guidance to create their signs. FedEx Office can help recommend different design and graphic options to help shape the tone of your signage.
- Six out of ten small business owners surveyed said signage is a strong reflection of their product or service, further showcasing how a cleverly crafted design can serve as an effective marketing tool.
In support of National Small Business Week, FedEx Office and small business expert Anita Campbell, CEO and publisher of Small Business Trends, will host a tweet chat on Tuesday, May 13 from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. ET. Anita will answer your questions and provide insight and expertise on how you can get the most out of your signage.
Anita will host a giveaway that you won’t want to miss! To participate, simply log onto Twitter, follow @FedExOfficeand use the hashtag #SMBSignage to join in on the conversation! Participants of our Small Business Week activities will also receive a special promo code for $10 off a $50 print order valid through June 16, 2014. Simply log on to FedEx Office Print Online, choose your product and type in promo code NAT442 before you check out.
Thanks for allowing us to be your strategic marketing partner, design resource, trusted shipping partner and more.
We look forward to continuing to work with you to help keep your business growing and thriving for years to come.