Kids headed to overnight camp this summer? They probably won’t have access to email or texting while they’re away. Teaching kids the art of letter writing can be fun. Sharing news or telling a funny story in your own handwriting just feels more personal. Especially if you write it on your own, custom stationery.
So, make time for a fun, family craft before packing up that sleeping bag and two weeks of socks (most of which won’t make it back home.) Designing and printing stationery is easy!
Let’s get started…[jetpack_subscription_form title="Subscribe to Out of Office:" subscribe_button="Sign Me Up"]
What you’ll need:
- Your kids, in the mood to exercise their creativity
- A table protected with a mess-up cloth
- Some scratch paper and a few sheets of clean, unlined white paper
- Good pencils or crayons
- A computer, for those who prefer to design online
How to create something great:
- Brainstorm ideas for words and/or images that remind you of camp. Or, doodle different ways of writing your name and initials
- Practice drawing your ideas on scrap paper. When you’re ready, it’s time to create your final art
- Get a clean sheet of paper and do your best work. Your words and/or images can go anywhere on the page – on top, at the bottom or even along the sides. (Just be sure you leave plenty of space for letter writing later.)
- When you’re finished, it’s time to print up your stationery!
Moms and Dads, you may want to join the activity and create stationery of your own for personal use – or for your business. If you need help from a professional graphic designer, your local FedEx Office can hook you up with an affordable resource who can help with a logo and letterhead design.
There are several ways you can print your stationery at FedEx Office. You can bring hard copies to your local store, where you’ll have help choosing a paper (and color) you like.
Or, if you designed your stationery electronically, save the file to a USB flash drive and visit your local FedEx Office for them to print. You can also use the FedEx Office Mobile App to upload the files and then pick them up later, or you can upload them through your desktop using FedEx Office® Print Online.
How to Download and Print using FedEx Office Print Online:
- Download the printable files above
- If you’re using a desktop, click below to get started with FedEx Office Print Online:com/us/office/online-printing.html
- Click on “Set Your Own Print Options”
- Upload the PDF file and click “Continue to Print Options”
Choose the following options:
- Prints Per Page: “One”
- Print Color: “Full Color”
- Choose your paper
- Select your quantity and “add to cart”
Most orders can be ready in 24 hours or less. Surely before the bus pulls away and campers start making memories worth writing home about.