Now is the season for back to school clothes, backpacks and new shoes. Back to school is always a busy time, but it’s important not to forget to capture the first day of school. Children change so fast and now is the time to document those days as a care free kid!
Capturing memories of school can be super quick and easy with fun, printable back to school Signs! I started this tradition with my kids many years ago because when I looked back at old photos, I couldn’t remember what grade they were going into.
Subscribe to Out of Office:
I’ve designed some all new colorful signs that can be used for preschoolers all the way up to the 12th grade.
Don’t worry if you forget to take photos on the first day of school…nobody will know! You can use these signs for any day of the school week to save a special moment in time!
Quick Tips for Taking Back to School Photos:
- Pick a stress-free time for photos. Taking photos on the actual first day of school might be too hectic. My kids always like to try on their first day of school clothes, then that is the time I take their back to school photos. They never remember that it wasn’t their actual first day of school.
- Choose a nice, clutter-free background. Always look at your background before snapping a photo. Move your kids away from a wall or tree to have some depth of field and the focus on your child, not the background.
- Turn your child toward the light source. The best bet is to take photos outside or near a window with good natural light. To capture sparkle in their eyes, turn their face towards the window or sunlight (make sure you are under shade so they aren’t looking directly into the sun and squinting).
- Get creative if your child doesn’t want to take a photo. Print the school grade sign and place it on a table along with some of their favorite new school items around it. Shoot the photo from above for a creative angle. This is a great way to remember the time they were into Pokemon cards or their iPhone!
- Make them laugh! Tell a joke or make a silly sound to get some natural smiles!
Download the Printable Back to School Signs
Once you have clicked the links below, you can save the files to your computer. It might automatically save to your “Download” folder, so if you can’t find the files, check there first.
You can save the files to a USB flash drive and visit your local FedEx Office for them to print on 80lb paper or higher. You can also use the FedEx Office Mobile App to upload the files and then pick them up later, or you can upload them through your desktop using FedEx Office® Print Online.
- 1st Grade
- 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
- 4th Grade
- 5th Grade
- 6th Grade
- 7th Grade
- 8th Grade
- 9th Grade
- 10th Grade
- 11th Grade
- 12th Grade
How to Download and Print:
- Download the printable files above
- If you’re using a desktop, click below to get started with FedEx Office Print Online: com/us/office/online-printing.html
- Click on “Set Your Own Print Options”
- Upload the PDF file and click “Continue to Print Options”
Choose the following options:
- Prints Per Page: “One”
- Print Color: “Full Color”
- Card & Covers Stock: “Ultra Bright White – Single Sided”
- Select your quantity and “add to cart”
Most orders can be ready in 24 hours or less, perfect for celebrating the special back to school moments in your child’s life! Enjoy!