‘Tis the season for hustle and bustle, right? Maybe not. Let’s take a moment to slow down and get creative this holiday season. Sometimes the pace of the holiday season takes away from how magical everything is. I love slowing down to enjoy some of my favorite parts of this beautiful season.[jetpack_subscription_form title="Subscribe to Out of Office:" subscribe_button="Sign Me Up"]
Getting creative can be so fun this time of year. Whether you love trimming your tree, baking amazing holiday cookies or spend hours wrapping gifts, taking a moment to savor the season is lovely.
Today I’m sharing another fun way to get creative this holiday season. I’m excited to share my DIY confetti packing peanuts project, two free printable confetti gift tags you can use for all of your gift tag needs and some tips for shipping packages during this wonderful time of the year. We’re even offering two gift tag options which include a green “Merry and Bright” tag and a red “Joy to the World” tag. Both are finished with confetti so they will match your DIY packing peanuts perfectly.
Our DIY confetti packing peanuts will add a pop of joy to your gifts under the tree and your packages that you have to ship both near and far. Whether you’re sending a large box filled with gifts to your grandchildren, a small gift to a dear friend living in another city or simply need to protect something fragile under your tree, these packing peanuts will make your gift extra special this year.
I’m so excited to learn that packing peanuts are now compostable. You can pick up a pack at your local FedEx Office location to get started.
Are you ready to DIY?
- Colored permanent markers. I chose green, red, yellow, teal and dark pink. Any colors will do.
- Compostable packing peanuts
- Glitter, confetti, faux snow, pom pom balls and more
- Free printable gift tags
- First, fill your box with plain white packing peanuts. You don’t need to fill the entire package with the DIY version-just the top.
- Decide how many you will need to create a layer of confetti packing peanuts over the top of your package. My package was fairly small so I created about 20 confetti packing peanuts.
- Choose your first color. Begin marking your packing peanuts with different shapes of confetti. I chose round confetti and long confetti. You could definitely add in other shapes as well. Squares and tree shapes would be a great addition. I did one color at a time.
- Continue until every color is used. Place your confetti packing peanuts on the top of your package to make a big impact.
- To finish it off, toss in some fun glitter, confetti, faux snow, pom pom balls or any other objects to add interest. Top it off with a free printable confetti gift tag.
- Enjoy! The recipient of your package is going to have a joyful moment when they open your box filled with color and wonder.
Download our free confetti joy to the world and merry & bright gift tags.
Free Joy to The World and Merry & Bright Confetti Gift Tags
Click the link above and save the file to your computer. It might automatically save to your “Download” folder. If you can’t find the files, check there first.
How to Print
You have several options of how you can use this file. You can save the file to a USB flash drive and visit your local FedEx Office for them to print. You can also use the FedEx Office Mobile App to upload the file and then pick it up later, or you can upload them through your desktop using FedEx Office® Print Online.
How to Download and Print:
- Download the printable files above
- If you’re using a desktop, click below to get started with FedEx Office Print Online: com/us/office/online-printing.html
- Click on “Set Your Own Print Options”
- Upload the PDF file and click “Continue to Print Options”
Most orders can be ready in 24 hours or less.
We had our local FedEx Office team print our gift tags on on 8.5 x 11 inch white card stock. Any weight will do, although I do prefer a heavier card stock for gift tags. I then cut out the gift tag shape, used a paper hole punch to attach and voila! A beautiful addition to your holiday package.
Your local FedEx Office can do all of the printing and shipping for you so you can focus on the holiday season! Just bring your box to your local FedEx Office and an employee will be happy to help you find the best shipping option for your needs.
FedEx Office is offering helpful shipping tips that helped me resolve my shipping needs so much easier this year.
- Box it right.
- Pack it tight.
- Add a label inside.
- Seal it all around.
- Label in sight.
For more details and specific ideas for how to package your holiday shipments, check out our shipping tips infographic.
I hope we helped you get a little creative this holiday season. May your days be merry and bright!