Welcome to 2017! With the holidays behind us, it’s time for the next big thing. Fun days are ahead to host family and friends for a big game viewing party.
Whether you’re hosting a football party large or small, we have you covered today with a free printable football party backdrop and an easy snack station idea that happens to be pretty kid friendly and budget friendly too.
Subscribe to Out of Office:
When I host parties, I often focus on desserts because they are tasty and so pretty. After the holidays, I love the idea of avoiding desserts for a few weeks and trying something a bit different. Today we’re focused on the salty stuff instead!
We whipped together a simple popcorn bar that is easy, budget friendly and something you can put together in minutes. I love that you can make it more elaborate by adding varieties of popcorn, toppings or other sweet and salty snacks. Another option is to simplify a bit. You can do that by only offering one type of popcorn. Who doesn’t love a basic buttered popcorn with salt? It’s a classic and a crowd pleaser.
Our big game backdrop is the perfect piece to get you started. We kept it simple and bold by using only black and white and sticking to the word “TOUCHDOWN” so you can add your own details, colors or team items.
How to set up a Game Watching Snack Station that will WOW your guests
What you need
- Popcorn in a variety of flavors
- Large bowls to hold the popcorn. We went small for the photos today, but large popcorn bowls or serving dishes would work well.
- We used sticker chalkboard labels with a chalkboard marker to tell our guests what flavors we were offering.
- Something to serve the popcorn in. I chose black popcorn paper bags from my local craft store. Glass bowls, disposable bowls, paper cupcake holders or even paper plates will do the trick.
- Our fun free printable backdrop printed with FedEx Office
- Any other football decorations you have. I used a marquee light and had it say “Ready Set Eat” but you could add stickers, a football or jersey or any other football decor you have lying around the house.
- Hang the backdrop using tape. You can also use poster hanging strips if you prefer, but tape works well.
- Set out your dishes and objects on a table below the backdrop. If you want to make it a little more interesting, cover your table in solid or patterned wrapping paper like we did here. You can use cake stands, trays and more to add height and interest.
- Set out your popcorn. To make hosting a breeze, I always put everything out early, sometimes several hours early. Popcorn is great because you can simply cover it with plastic wrap and leave it in place until guests arrive. When the doorbell rings, unwrap and you’re good to go.
- Set out any toppings. You can put them in small bottles or bowls and let guests make up their own popcorn party mix. Things like colored chocolate candies, football shaped sprinkles, nutritional yeast, parmesan cheese and more can make delicious toppings.
Are you ready to host the big game? The backdrop really stands out and will match any party decor you choose. You can use your favorite team’s colors or can stick to black and white. I also love the idea of incorporating green, the color of the football field. If hosting a popcorn or dessert table isn’t your thing, why not use this backdrop for a fun photo booth using a selfie stick and smart phones?
There are many ways to make your home festive for the big game and our backdrop is the place to begin!
Are you ready to get started?
Just download, print, hang and enjoy the big game!
Download our free printable big game football backdrop
Free 36 x 48 inch Football Party Backdrop
Click the link above and save the file to your computer. It might automatically save to your “Download” folder. If you can’t find the files, check there first.
You have options of how you can use these files. You can save the files to a USB flash drive and visit your local FedEx Office for them to print. You can also use the FedEx Office Mobile App to upload the files and then pick them up later, or you can upload them through your desktop using FedEx Office® Print Online. I’ve also found it to be helpful to simply email my local FedEx Office team when I’m wondering the best way to get the job done. They are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to finding the best option for me.
How to Download and Print:
- Download the printable files above
- If you’re using a desktop, click below to get started with FedEx Office Print Online: com/us/office/online-printing.html
- Click on “Set Your Own Print Options”
- Upload the PDF file and click “Continue to Print Options”
We used white matte poster paper for this backdrop.
Most orders can be ready in 24 hours or less and your local FedEx Office team can help you find the most budget friendly way to meet all of your big game party needs. Is your favorite team going to be playing in the big game? Ready, Set, EAT! Enjoy the big game!