Two years in business running and more to come. Abdullah Motiwala, small business owner of Heaven’s Honey Inc., has created a wide variety of flavorful honey from natural flavors such as strawberry honey- down to the plain simple, raw honey. But for Abdullah, owning a honey business isn’t just about the profits, it’s a passion.
The honey industry is going through a critical change,” says Abdullah. “Many bees are dying due to colony collapse disorder due to poor farming practices and a combination of other factors – this is a challenge we face each and every day.”
Abdullah is committed to informing his consumers about how consumers can save bees from our own backyards by sharing information on how to help our bees thrive and what the loss of bees would mean to our lives.[jetpack_subscription_form title="Subscribe to Out of Office:" subscribe_button="Sign Me Up"]
By using channels like his Facebook brand page, Abdullah informs his community of ways we to help the bee population. For example, the kind of flowers to plant, and useful information on bee behavior. All while helping us realize the importance of how rich and nutritious honey is for the body.
“The biggest lesson learned was that business requires patience – and relationship building” says Abdullah. Throughout building of his business, Abdullah has heavily relied on FedEx Office for not only branding and labels for Heaven’s Honey Inc., but also for packaging and shipping deliveries to customers in a timely manner.
Heavens Honey Inc. owner says, “I always referred to the staff as angels sent from heaven to work with Heaven’s Honey Inc.” FedEx Office does its best to provide customers and partners with the help they need.
Abdullah provided us with five encouraging tips for small business owners like himself.
- Keep yourself motivated – do not look at the success of others or age. Rather rely on your aspirations by working harder than you did the day before
- Always have a list of goals on paper weekly – you need to evaluate your progress and advance forward
- Keep strict records of your expenses and be financially aware – be strategic in spending to maximize ROI and always attempt to set aside due amounts for fixed expenses
- Networking is essential – connect with other business owners, engage with your customers and ask questions
- Always remember who you do it for and make sure you give time to those whom you love.
Don’t forget to share your small business story with us on social media by using #MyFedExOffice.