“I am located in Tampa, Florida, but really I am wherever my laptop, smartphone and FedEx Office is,” says Bridgette Simmonds, founder of Bridgette the Go Coach.
Her small business provides personal coaching and consulting services to deliver strategies that help individuals improve their life and business satisfaction. Since five years of growing her idea Bridgette’s business has now expanded to offer a variety of services like workshops, seminars, retreats, keynotes and even one-on-one sessions.
Through this business growth, she shares lessons she learned and misconceptions she has cleared up like, “know that work doesn’t have to be difficult, learn to work smarter and not harder,” says Bridgette. “Don’t be afraid to ask questions.”
Subscribe to Out of Office:
Bridgette shared some ways she helps manage the workload by leveraging her local FedEx Office to help her work smarter to meet all her printing needs. The local store helps ensure she can provide quality handouts, laminated items, and banners for her events.“I see FedEx Office as part of my business, they have probably printed thousands of items for me by now. I’m so grateful to have the smiling team there to always assist me when I need it,” says Bridgette.
For Bridgette, print is critical to the success of the business.
“The services that FedEx Office provides has helped bring to life ideas that have popped into my head last minute,” says Bridgette. “All I do is send it as an attachment of what I need printed in an email and voila! It’s ready to go.” She believes that providing her clients with flyers and handouts during her keynotes helps her deliver a stronger message.
In fact, print is so important that once before a workshop, Bridgette sent her FedEx Office® Print Online order to the wrong store location for pick up. Even though she had less than an hour before her event, she refused to go without her handouts. “The FedEx Office nearest me was so gracious and helpful. They smiled and laughed with me and quickly helped to get me squared away with the printouts that I needed to present in less than an hour.”
We asked Bridgette for her top five best coaching tips for any new small business owner, and this is what she had to say:
- Know your WHY – Why are you in business? What do you wish to get out of it?
- Serve FIRST – When the foundation of everything you do in life and business is to serve others, everything else will fall into place!
- Practice GRATITUDE – When you are grateful for even the smallest thing, you’ll notice them become big things.
- Make time to PLAY – Don’t be so serious! Shut down the laptop and go outside and have some fun at least once a week.
- Get a COACH – I would not have had the success I’ve had if I did not hire my own life coach. They can help you blast through any limitations and remind you that anything is possible!
Find out how FedEx Office is helping other small business owners find smart solutions here and share your small business story on Twitter or Facebook using hashtag #MyFedExOffice.