Meet the summer apparel shop that helps keep the sun out year-round in the ‘Windy City’. Sun’s Out tank shop is a fun and fashionable pop-up business located in Chicago, Illinois that supplies festival-goers and local shoppers with all the tank tops and shorts they can ever wish for. Since their establishment four years ago, Sun’s Out has expanded their business to wholesalers, making their clothing line available in boutiques around the nation.
This success did not come easy, in fact, one of the biggest lessons learned for owner of Sun’s Out, Rafe is that things do not always go as planned. During one of the Sun’s Out trips to Las Vegas for an apparel trade shows, a blizzard arose causing delays in travel and shipments. “Our business cards and catalogs were not going to arrive on time for the trade show. We called FedEx Office, and with no problem at all, they printed both in time for the exhibit,” says Rafe. Sun’s Out uses their local FedEx Office for all their printing needs; printing business cards, signage, flyers, product catalogs and other necessary marketing material. Having tangible visual aids is important to Sun’s Out, they said it helps them tell their story better and allows them to connect with buyers and shoppers everywhere they go. This helps Sun’s Out leave the long-lasting impression they want to deliver to their customers.
When Rafe was asked how FedEx Office has best support his business he said, “the quick turnaround times on our last minute printing request have saved us multiple times and having access to printing stations everywhere we go is very helpful when we have to travel for business.” FedEx Office® Print Online is an online printing service that makes the process fast and easy for business owners to order flyers, posters, and more.
Subscribe to Out of Office:
Here’s Rafe’s five key tips for a brighter tomorrow, for small business owners everywhere.
- Make sure you enjoy the work – You will dedicate lots of time to your business, so make sure it’s something that you enjoy or that you’re passionate about.
- Trust others – It is critical to trust your team especially when you are first starting a business. It takes a lot of effort and time so the more people you leverage, the more manageable it will be.
- Listen to the customer – The customer will tell you what they want, make sure you pay attention and use their feedback to help identify your product-market fit.
- Take time to think – For your own sanity, take the necessary time to evaluate your situation and allow time to strategize for the success of your business.
- Travel – Traveling can provide you with many valuable experiences that you can be incorporated into your products/services to provide a more valuable experience for your customers.
Find out how FedEx Office is helping other small businesses here and share your small business story on Twitter or on Facebook using hashtag #MyFedExOffice.