The Urban Trade is a multifaceted marketing agency for emerging start-ups and small business owners alike. Founder, Susan Phillips’ mission is to drive innovative marketing through the promotion of music, art, technology, education, small business, and communities. Since the establishment of Urban Trade five years ago, it has grown from servicing the local Florida community, to providing comprehensive marketing services and consulting to businesses across the nation.
As her company continues to grow, Susan says the convenience of printing materials on-the-go has become vital to her business. Previously, her and her team had to travel to trade shows with over 450 printed materials of varying size and shape.
“FedEx Office allows us to essentially have an office anywhere we travel, giving us the flexibility to print materials once we arrive at our destination rather than having to travel with them,” Susan told us with a sigh of relief.[jetpack_subscription_form title="Subscribe to Out of Office:" subscribe_button="Sign Me Up"]
Urban Trade operates on the philosophy of bringing innovators together to grow small businesses. Part of those meaningful interactions is made possible through networking and use of printed materials like business cards, flyers and other marketing materials that help business owners spread the word.
“FedEx Office has been Urban Trade’s go-to for all our business printing needs for marketing materials and events,” says Susan.
Through the growth of her company, Susan has learned to overcome many obstacles. Below, she shares her top five secrets to success.
- Be Consistent – Continue your business even after setbacks. It will lead to new doors opening. In other words, ‘keeping the ball rolling’ no matter what!
- Grow your Team – Asking for help can be difficult, but delegating tasks to those you trust can provide you as the business owner, more time to grow and execute your vision.
- Network – Attending events in your community is a great way to build local brand awareness. Also, networking with others can inspire and motivate new ideas for your business.
- Overcoming Setbacks – Understand that successful businesses experience setbacks. It’s an inevitable part of entrepreneurship. However, learning from those setbacks to become more knowledgeable and prepared is what keeps a company going.
- Be Positive – Being a business owner can be stressful, but having a positive attitude can attract opportunities for you and your business as well as aid in your overall well-being.
Find out how FedEx Office is helping other small businesses find smart solutions here and use #MyFedExOffice to share your story on social media for a chance to be featured.