When it comes to family, crafty gift ideas are often the biggest hit, along with homemade holiday treats. Why not combine the two and create a custom recipe booklet of your family’s favorites?
Designing and printing your own recipe booklet is easy and affordable, and it’s a great way to honor your family’s kitchen traditions. Grandma will get a kick out of seeing her recipe “published,” as will all the cooks in your family who help fill the holiday table each year.
Subscribe to Out of Office:
What you’ll need:
- A collection of your family’s favorite holiday recipes
- A photo of each family member whose recipe you want to include in the booklet
- Clean paper and pencils, if you intend to design the booklet cover by hand, or
- A computer with graphic design software
How to create something great:
- Brainstorm a title for your recipe book.
- Think about how you want to design your recipe book cover. Maybe a photo of Grandma or other relative known for their cooking. Consider adding holiday graphics, or keep it generic if you’d rather create a recipe collection for year-round use.
- Design the cover for your book, either on clean paper or on your computer. Consider the size you want your finished booklet to be. (The one you see here is 6” x 8.5“.)
- Design each recipe page, including a photo of the family member who gave it to you. (Make sure your recipe pages are the same size and orientation as your recipe cover.)
- When you’re finished with the cover and the inside pages, it’s time to turn your work into a professionally printed recipe booklet!
There are several ways you can print your recipe booklet at FedEx Office. Bring a hard copy to your local store, where you can talk to a Team Member about laminating the cover and producing a spiral-bound booklet. Or, if you designed your booklet electronically, save the file as a pdf and put it on a USB flash drive to take to FedEx Office.
If you design your booklet using a standard-size sheet of paper (e.g. 8 ½ x 11), you can also easily submit your order online. Use the FedEx Office Mobile App to upload the files and then pick them up later, or upload them through your desktop using FedEx Office® Print Online.
How to Download and Print using FedEx Office Print Online:
- Download the printable files above
- If you’re using a desktop, click below to get started with FedEx Office Print Online:com/us/office/online-printing.html
- Click on “Set Your Online Printing Options”
- Upload the PDF file and click “Continue to Print Options”
- Use “Add Special Instructions” to describe your request for a laminated cover and spiral binding. (You may receive a call from your local store to discuss your vision for the finished piece.)
Choose the following options:
- Prints Per Page: “One”
- Print Color: “Full Color”
- Choose your paper
- Select your quantity and “add to cart”
Most orders can be ready in 24 hours or less, which means even last-minute gift givers have time to create something special. Along with a fresh batch of Granny’s Klukenhagen.