Summer to us is moments of lying in the sun with kiddos who are wet from pool and sprinkler time. It’s walking barefoot in lush green grass and fruit pops dripping down warm chins. These slower days are coming to an end soon. I love to take summer out with a bang before the rush of back-to-school season begins. There are so many ways to make an End of Summer Party happen.
Our neighborhood hosts an event every Friday night called Driveway Happy Hour. It’s essentially a time for all the neighbors to get together and say goodbye to the work week with tons of fun play for the kids, chatting and having a cold beverage and fun snacks. Creating an End of Summer Party could be as simple as inviting everyone over to your driveway, patio, deck or backyard. Everyone can bring their own food and drinks. Keep it simple, right?[jetpack_subscription_form title="Subscribe to Out of Office:" subscribe_button="Sign Me Up"]
But, if you want to kick it up a notch, here are a few ideas, beginning with easy foods.
Easy Summer Party Foods:
- Ice cream and fruit pops
- Sandwiches (catered from your local sub shop or made at home)
- Grilled pizza
- S’mores buffet
- Salad or pasta salad
- Hot dogs, hamburgers and watermelon. Nothing like classic grilled goods.
- Store-bought desserts and fun drinks
Tips for throwing an Easy End of Summer Party:
- Skip decorations. It’s outside! Everything is beautiful. Simply send our free “Sip Sip Hooray” party print to FedEx Office and they’ll print it for you. You can hang it on the house if it’s large or frame it on a bar cart for a small detail.
- Keep your menu simple. Choose one or two things. Ice cream and fruit pops are always a hit with kids and adults alike.
- Make it a potluck! You can focus on a few fun games, drinks and dessert while your guests can bring their best summer dish to share. Easy!
- Make activities easy and fun for all ages.
Fun End of Summer Party Activities:
- Water balloon fight. Everyone loves a good solid water balloon fight.
- Lawn games. Just use what you own.
- Kiddy pool. Even adults can appreciate dipping their toes in a nice kiddy pool.
- Board games outside!
- Beach balls! When it comes to kids, a yard full of beach balls is activity enough. You can pick up inexpensive ones at most stores for less than $1.
If you want to take your party up a notch, just add our free Sip Sip Hooray printable to the mix. You can print it as small as a 4×6 for a frame on a table to a 16×20 as a bit of a backdrop for an ice cream stand or beverage cart.
And of course, FedEx Office can handle all of the printing for you.
Download our free Sip Sip Hooray party print and use it any way you’d like.
Free Sip Sip Horray End of Summer Party Print
Click the link above and save the file to your computer. It might automatically save to your “Download” folder. If you can’t find the files, check there first.
How to Print
You have several options of how you can use this file. You can save the file to a USB flash drive and visit your local FedEx Office for them to print. You can also use the FedEx Office Mobile App to upload the file and then pick it up later, or you can upload them through your desktop using FedEx Office® Print Online.
How to Download and Print:
- Download the printable Sip Sip Hooray file above
- If you’re using a desktop, click below to get started with FedEx Office Print Online: com/us/office/online-printing.html
- Click on “Set Your Own Print Options”
- Upload the PDF file and click “Continue to Print Options”
Most orders can be ready in 24 hours or less by ordering online.
We had our local FedEx Office team print our free Sip Sip Hooray party print on a white card stock sheet. Any weight will do, although I do prefer a heavier card stock for almost anything. For this printable document, be sure to select full color.
Your local FedEx Office can do all of the printing for you so you can simply pick them up and head home for your End of Summer bash!