Inspired by her love for Milwaukee and her husband’s love for food, Theresa Nemetz turned a tasty hobby into an award-winning food tour called Milwaukee Food & City Tours!
Back in 2008, Theresa decided to transform her desire for checking out new restaurants in her local community into the savory food tourist attraction it is today. Food tour attendees often say, “You can live in Milwaukee your entire life and still not explore the city the same way Milwaukee Food and City Tours does!”
But it wasn’t always this easy to fulfill her customer’s needs. During her first year of operation, Theresa, like many women business owners, struggled with the demand of being a “mompreneur” (a mom and entrepreneur).
Subscribe to Out of Office:
Like most businesses starting off, Milwaukee Food & City Tours hit roadblocks that demanded a lot of Theresa’s time and attention. In these instances, she leveraged local resources to assist her with completing projects, like print, that she could outsource to expand her bandwidth.
This approach gave Theresa more time to devote towards other facets of the business that only she could address. She relies on FedEx Office to print menus, brochures, cards and other essential items to execute high-quality tours. Teresa describes her 10-year running friendship with her local store as, “beyond fulfilling all my print needs! FedEx Office has provided me with encouragement. They tell me, ‘Great Job!’ when they read about my new tours and comment how proud they are. Even congratulate me on awards I’ve won.”
Luckily for Theresa, she has a loving family and a reliable team at FedEx Office she calls ‘friends’ to assist her along her journey to success. “The team calls to remind me when projects are done, which I appreciate. So often I am working late at night when I submit an order and love knowing that when I wake up, my project will be complete and ready for pick up.”
The convenience of FedEx Office® Print Online for Theresa was tremendous. The online print service made it possible for Theresa to care for her child at home and simultaneously get business projects completed.
Although being a mompreneur isn’t the easiest thing, Theresa says she finds it very rewarding and believes these six practices have helped her along the way.
- Surround yourself with good people – You can’t do it all yourself!
- Play well with others – You never know what business collaborations can lead to, so maintain good business relationships.
- Know that no job is beneath you – Sometimes you just have to get the job done no matter what it entails.
- Follow through – Always keep your business promise to your customers and provide them with true value.
- Learn to say No! – It’s okay to say no sometimes; you can’t do it all. It’s better to grow your business strategically and at your own pace.
- Don’t dwell for too long – Recognize what’s in your control and what is not, so you can fix what you can and quickly move forward.
Find out how FedEx Office is helping other small business owners find smart solutions here and share your small business story on Twitter or Facebook using hashtag #MyFedExOffice.